In companion CD of the first printing of Mudah dan Menyenangkan Belajar Mikrokontroler, I enclosed microcontroller IDE software, i.e. Micro v5.4. Now I release the renewal version i.e. Micro v6.11.1.
The new stuff in Micro v6.11.1:
- Able to write in C. The previous version was only able in assembly.
- Able to configure downloader.
Able to write in C.
Micro v6.11.1 supports C which is compiled by SDCC. Choose File > New > New C file, then write the program. When it’s done, just simulate it using SimulatorInDLL or downloaded directly into microcontroller, it’s up to you. The procedure is the same as A51 file or M51.
As well as SDCC which gives option to configure how program will be compiled, and Micro v6.11.1 does too. Choose Option > SDCC Option, then read Help provided by SDCC.
Able to configure downloader.
There are 3 choices of downloader:
- Default downloader is downloader that you can obtain by order to me only 😉
- Serial downloader is ISP downloader that you can make by yourself by connecting AT89S51 or AT89S52 microcontroller pins to paraller port.
- Custom downloader is your own downloader. If you use this type, make sure your downloader is able to be driven by means of command line sequence: ProgramName HexFile [Switch].
Custom downloader must be configured first as follows:
- Choose Option >> Write >> Configure Custom Downloader.
- Fill Downloader field with your downloader program. You may also look for it using Browse.
- If the program needs Switch indeed, you may place it in Switch part.
If it has been configured, as Download button is clicked, then Micro v6.11.1 will call downloader program as if as we type thru Command Prompt.
For example we are in “C:\My Documents”, downloader file name is “Download.EXE”, and file name that is about to be downloaded is Experiment.M51. Firstly, Micro v.6.11.1 will compile Experiment.M51 so it yields Experiment.HEX. Afterwards, Micro v6.11.1 will call Download.EXE program as follows:
C:\My Documents>Download Experiment.HEX